Road Map Out of Lockdown
Step-by-step lifting of restrictions: key dates
- All schools and colleges will open, with outdoor after-school sports and activities allowed to take place. Childcare will resume.
- Recreation or exercise outdoors will be allowed between two people.
- Care home residents will be allowed one regular visitor.
- During this time, we must continue to stay at home and no household mixing is permitted.
- Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed, including in private gardens.
- Outdoor sport and leisure facilities such as tennis courts will reopen, and organised outdoor sport will return for both adults and children.
- Non-essential retail will reopen, along with hairdressers, community centres, and libraries.
- Indoor leisure (including gyms) will reopen for individual or household use.
- Outdoor settings including hospitality, zoos and theme parks will reopen.
- Self-contained holiday accommodation such as holiday lets and campsites will reopen to individual households.
Check with your local place of worship for the latest advice.
A summary of the roadmap, including details of steps 3 and 4, is available on Twitter. You can view the full roadmap on the government website, and you can also watch the Prime Minister's address to the nation on YouTube.