Surge Testing across Tower Hamlets
From Monday 17th May, the surge testing programme in Tower Hamlets will be expanded to the whole borough.
We are asking that anyone over the age of 11 years old who lives, works, or learns in Tower Hamlets has a PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test for Covid-19.
This includes people who do not have any symptoms, people who have been vaccinated and people who have recently had a negative LFT (Lateral Flow Test) ("rapid" test).
Surge testing is needed because a small number of Covid-19 variants of concern originally in South Africa and Brazil have been found in the borough. Surge testing will help us to find cases of these new variants, slow their spread and learn more about them.
More information is on the council website.
If you need help and information regarding the COVID-19 testing then take a look at the useful information below:
- NHS Website: How to do a PCR Test (written instructions)
- GOV.UK Instructions (includes a video)
- Testing Booklet (this comes with the home test kits – includes pictures)
- Easy-Read Instructions (with pictures)
- How to take a PCR Test – Video Instructions