Christmas Toy Appeal
Each festive season the East London Business Alliance (ELBA) organise gifts to be bought, donated, sorted and delivered to children and young people in east London and beyond (through their community partners).
The need from community partners has increased as more families face financial uncertainty.
The toys are distributed to children that, because of their circumstances, will not receive a toy at the end of the year. We believe that every child deserves to feel the joy of opening a present at the end of the year.
What we are looking for - gifts for babies and children up to the age of 16
- New toys between the value of £10 and £15
- Unwrapped presents - this is so community organisations can choose which children the gifts are most suited to
- No toys that require batteries please (unless they come with batteries included!)
- No war toys or toys that portray fighting such as tanks, soldiers and guns (some children may be asylum seekers fleeing war. Star Wars and Superheroes are fine)
- No iTunes/Google Play vouchers. Most children that benefit from the toy appeal won’t have access to an account. Cinema vouchers are more appropriate
- No second-hand donations. Many of our community partners cannot accept second-hand toys due to health and safety reasons. Also, the quality often varies greatly. For many children, this will be the only toy they receive so we would like it to be a new toy
(If possible, toys for younger children should have the Lion Mark CE to show they are child friendly and safe for use)
How to donate:
1. Donate your gift by Thursday 16th December at Mulberry Place, floor two room 205 – if you are not near Mulberry Place, you can simply donate to the JustGiving page; or
2. if easier for you can you drop it direct at ELBA’s official donation point: Level 1 Jubilee Mall, Canary Wharf, E14 5NY up and until Friday 17th December 2021, Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm
All toys will be distributed to ELBA’s community partners. All these organisations work with families and children who are experiencing hardship for different reasons. This includes families who are fleeing domestic violence, living in emergency temporary accommodation, refugees and children with disabilities and additional needs. So we are trying to make this year’s appeal the biggest ever to help more children and families to experience a fun a memorable festive season.
If you would like any further information you can contact ELBA direct either by email or by telephone on 020 7068 6960